Have you ever dreamed of swapping the bustling streets of Chicago for the serene beaches of Biloxi, Mississippi? Imagine trading the Windy City’s skyscrapers for soft, sandy shores and tranquil ocean waves. This guide is here to turn that dream into a reality. Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or planning your first beach getaway, you’ll find all the essential travel tips and routes for an exciting journey from Chicago to Biloxi, Mississippi.
Plus, if you’re looking for a list of exciting things to do, we’ve got a special treat for you. Download our free Vacation Guide to explore hidden gems in Biloxi and plan your perfect beach vacation!
Chicago to Biloxi, Mississippi: 6 Great Travel Tips
Flying from Chicago to Biloxi
Best Direct Flights
Consider direct flights from Chicago to Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport for a quick and comfortable journey. Airlines like American Airlines, Delta, and United offer these flights, which you can easily compare on travel websites like Orbitz and Expedia.
Best Airport to Fly Into Biloxi
Your gateway to Biloxi is the Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport (GPT), just over 11 miles from your beach destination. With airlines like United, Delta, and American operating from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport, your beach getaway is a convenient flight away.
Average Commute from the Airport
Once you land at GPT, a brief 20-25-minute car ride will take you to Biloxi’s beautiful beaches, covering roughly 19 miles. Car rentals and taxi services are available at the airport, making your transition from air to beach seamless.
Road Trip from Chicago to Biloxi, Mississippi
Best Highways to Take
If a road trip is more your style, set off on I-57 South, which turns into I-55, for the most direct and scenic route from Chicago to Biloxi. These highways balance efficiency with picturesque views, promising a journey as delightful as the destination.
Scenic Stops Along the Way
On your road trip, embrace the adventure with these scenic stops:
- Shawnee National Forest, Illinois: A detour for nature lovers, offering hiking and stunning landscapes.
- Memphis, Tennessee: Dive into music history on Beale Street, visit Graceland, or explore the National Civil Rights Museum.
- Tunica, Mississippi: Try your luck at casinos like Harrah’s or Gold Strike.
- Vicksburg National Military Park, Mississippi: A historical haven with Civil War monuments and exhibits.
- Mobile, Alabama: This is a city with a rich history, including the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park and a charming downtown.
What to Pack for a Road Trip
Ensure a comfortable journey with these essentials:
- Entertainment: Podcasts, audiobooks, and music.
- Comfort: Cozy clothing and shoes.
- Safety: First aid kit, hand sanitizer, flashlight, and jumper cables.
- Snacks: Nuts, dried fruits, energy bars, and a water bottle.
- Navigation: Maps or navigation apps and a phone charger.
- Personal Care: Reef-safe sunscreen and bug repellent, sunglasses, and toiletries.
Stay in Style in Biloxi, Mississippi
From Chicago to Biloxi, Mississippi, your beach getaway is within easy reach. Whether by air or road, each route offers unique charm and convenience. And once you’re here, indulge in the luxury of Biloxi Beach Resort Rentals.
Browse our vacation properties, which are close to restaurants, beaches, and the best attractions, making your experience adventurous and convenient. Embark on a journey that blends the excitement of travel with the tranquility of the Gulf Coast.
Check availability and book your stay today!